Wednesday 1 August 2012

Let us speak publicly AND bravely!!!

As this is an English class, we can't run away from speaking in front of the class. As much as i wanted to escape, my conscious mind refrained me from running out like a coward. So everyone formed and sat in a circle, facing each other and began to talk about ourselves. Lovely Miss Sheba allowed us to prepare some notes for the talk but sadly due to time constrain, i only managed to squeeze out a few lines from my brain. Well, a girl's gotta do what a girls's gotta do. While anxiously waiting for my turn, i listened to the others talking about their personal lives. I have to admit that i am quite surprised to know the events that happened in their lives, such as involving in an accident, getting robbed in the house, having dreams which serves as a premonition and so on. It is good to get to know their personal lives as this encourages friendship. I talked about my working experience during holidays. I screwed up once but i managed to work for 5 months for the next job. This is one of the memorable experiences for me and through this i knew it is tough working in the society especially dealing with different kinds of people daily and it is impossible to fulfill every single needs. This session was just a short practice for us to get familiar with the toastmaster style. For those who want to have a greater information about it you can view it here. We have to do public speaking officially on 6th August. I am sure this would be a nerve wrecking experience to most of us. All i can say is good luck and try your best!!! God bless everyone of us. ^__^



No comments:

Post a Comment