Sunday 15 July 2012

Another End of Week and DEBATE~~~~~

It is Sunday again which marks the beginning of another week. A lot of events have happened throughout these days. First, all of the new students finally received their student IDs! Sounds good but actually it is not. All of my friend complaint about their photos looking ugly and dark. Well, me too. I wish i have the chance to change my photo instead of using the current one. But i can forget about it since it is impossible. I guess i just have to live with it. During our first English class of the week, we had the opportunity to watch a movie entitled Buddha Collapsed Out Of Shame. To me, it is an interesting movie. We were required to write a review on this movie with at least 500 words. This will be considered as one of the assignments we have. I am going to post my review on Monday so if you want to read about it, well stay tuned. After that, Miss Crescentia informed us that we would have a debate on Friday. Honestly, i know that this day would come so i am kinda prepared for the worst. After going through all the disscusion with my group mates, i was picked as the third speaker. One of my friends told me that the third speaker bears a huge responsibilty as she or he needs to rebut all the points coming from the other team we were against with. But luckily this ain't a parliament style debate. Everyone got to rebut if they wanted to. As usual, i freaked out and feeling nauseous when it was my turn to speak on Friday. I can't seem to get rid of my negative feelings. But anyway i completed my speech and i felt proud of myself for trying to be brave although it ended badly. Of all the group members who participated in the debate, i think Maathini was the strongest speaker. She literally stole the show when it was her turn to speak. I believe everyone can't help but focusing on her the entire time. She has the confidence in expressing herself through words and this is why i admire her so much. I wish i could have her confidence and fluency in English and from that i ought to improve myself. I have never participated in a debate before, so i considered this as a huge step for me for speaking in front of a crowd. Actually i did join story telling competition back in the days when i was in primary school. But it was a long time ago, eventually fear overpowers me and i do not have the courage to speak in front of the crowd. Guess i need time and practices. No excellence can be acquired without constant practices. Nonetheless, everyone did amazingly well and i believe all of us will improve step by step and conquer our ultimate fear.  After a tiring day, my friends and i went out and enjoyed our dinner in Barbeque Plaza located at Berjaya Times Square. It felt wonderful after going through a terrifying time. We ordered a chicken set and started barbequing and of course shared among ourselves. Then, the next day we went to Carrefour for groccery shopping. Unfortunately my friends had to put up with my attitude while shopping because i tend to think a lot when choosing the right thing for me. Haha. Yesterday i got to meet up with my long time friend. We were friends since form four and i felt happy to be able to chat with him and his group of friends although we barely knew each other. Because i went out till night and it was kinda dangerous for me to walk alone to my apartment, i stayed in my friend's house. We chatted until 3.00 am in the morning and i was scolded by her for not letting her to rest. LOL. Well, i had an interesting week and i hope u guys had one as well. *_*

No comments:

Post a Comment