Sunday 8 July 2012

Gloomy Sunday...

Well today is Sunday and week 3 is coming. I am amazed at how time flies. I mean REALLY FAST. Think of the first day in IMU makes me realize how far i have made it here and i have been living alone without my parents' company. Speaking of that, i miss my family and my dog. I hope it will remember me when i go back. LOL. What i do not expect is this will be a short semester for the June intake students. We are required to choose three alternative selected modules for these eight weeks which are totally unrelated to our course. Well, i guess it is a good thing to try out different things. Anyway, i have selected ECS, Intro. Psychology and Nutrition and Wellness. And thank goodness i got it all! But do not be happy too soon. Tons of stress,tests and assignments are ready to knock me down. Especially for English, before i chose her, i am awared that students have to do quiz, homework related to grammar or language skills and an oral presentation with the teacher which i find it quite tolerable for me as i want to improve my English language skills. I thought this will be a typical tuition-like class i had when i was in secondary school. It is surprising to know that all my expectations go the other way round and i will be facing somewhat more challenging tasks. What i feared most is speaking in front of a crowd and BINGO, i have to do it. Gosh it is really freaking me out and there is no way out. Haha. However i understand this is a way of pushing us to confront with our fear because there is no way we can be in a health care profession without brushing up our speaking skill. So therefore i have to face it no matter how nervous i will be. 
I believe everyone is experiencing Monday blues. Well, i am too! But when i think of the coming
holidays, all my sorrows just vanished in a second. I can't wait to go home and meeting up with my beloved friends. I am so gonna enjoy myself to the max!! But before that i have mission to accomplish. That is to do well in what i am doing now. Anyway a new week is coming in just a few more hours and i hope everyone in the world could be happy. GOD BLESS US ALL!  :  )

Last but not least, here are the 10 new words that  i am introduced to this week. Here you go!
Vex-to irritate; annoy; provoke
Ambivalent- having ”mixed feelings about someone or something; being unable to choose between two (usually opposing) courses of action
Vicarious-Felt or undergone as if one were taking part in the experience or feelings of another.
Vamp-To patch up; repair.
Abjure-formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure.
Insipid-lacking interest or significance or impact.
Altruistic- Showing unselfish concern for the welfare of others.
Siesta- A nap in the early afternoon.
Contemplate-look at thoughtfully; observe deep in thought.
Demure-affectedly modest or shy especially in a playful or provocative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment